Sunday 16 April 2017

How I improved my makeup skills

Hi there! 

I have been gone for quite some time and I honestly even forgot about this place because I have been so busy with my college and private life. But I will show you a few photos of my work before and my work now after a few months of being in VanityX in Dublin. I will also tell you about my experience in the Academy and all so this will be a bit of a catch up post, as probably a few of you wondered if I was even alive!


So before VanityX I thought I was like so good at makeup! Everyone at college would like 'oh your makeup is so nice today!' but then I went to VanityX... Even the induction day had me like, I can't eyeliner. I just can't! 
Pictures are worth a thousand words so how about I just show you some photos from before VanityX..



Aaand now AFTER VanityX



 

Wee improvement don't you think? 

Before I started college my plan was to open up a bridal makeup studio and just have my little space, if you read my blog for a while then you know I'm obsessed with anything bridal! I just love the atmosphere and the happiness that comes with weddings that I wanted to deal with it for the rest of my life! 
Now my goals and dreams flipped 180* and now Special Effects Makeup is my thing. 
I just love creating LEGAL wounds and injuries, running around on set with buckets of fake blood and brushes. I love it so much that I even worked at two films as a main makeup artists, while still at college! It was really hard, up at 5 am every day, 7 days a week, going to college during the week just to travel to Dublin again for the weekends and work my butt off on set! 
But my SFX Makeup definitely was NOT big screen worthy! Here, just look at it! 

And now are some photos of my latest work along with some photos from set! 

WARNING, THEY ARE VERY REALISTIC. WOULD NOT ADVISE FOR YOUNGER AUDIENCES AND SQUEAMISH PEOPLE!







The film was definitely an amazing experience and I realised that this is what I want to do in life! Days on set were one of the happiest days of my life, I felt so happy and complete!.. 

I will throw in just a few more photos of my work because I'm quite damn proud of it!



I'm beyond happy in my progress and that I got to grow and develop my skills and talents. I'm thankful for my VanityX tutor Olivia, she's such an amazing person! She pushed me because she knew what I am capable of doing and for that I will always be grateful. 

When I graduate I will write a full blog post about my days at VanityX, for now this will have to do.

I am back now though, I will regularly post on here as I've more free time since I'm done with college pretty much!  Also, I have a job interview this week so we will see how it goes! It's for a major brand everyone knows about and owns their products!

Much love, Weronika

0 Comentários:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate you