Sunday 28 May 2017

How I became a film makeup artist

 Hi there! Yes, I was doing makeup on a film set!

I was contacted by the creators and was told that they really liked my work and they would like to work with me if I was interested. Um, duh! Having my work seen on the big screen and have my name in the credits?! Are you kidding me?! Of course I'd be interested!

I got my copy of the script the very next day, along with some of the headshots of the actors and I was given a free hand with how I wanted the actors to look! So that included normal corrective, camera friendly makeup as well as some Special Effects Makeup that was a fight wound, a gunshot wound and some ageing.

I was doing my research and preparing for it on the train when I was on my way to college, and let me tell you. The few weeks I worked on this film, I had to be up at 6 am, travel to Dublin, be on set for 9am and be back home at around 10pm. Madness!
It was an amazing experience though, everyone was so lovely! I will never forget the first day of shooting and me getting on the set with my big little yellow suitcase full of makeup. It was a small pub in the centre of Dublin. I met the entire crew there as well as the actors.

The actors were lovely! The stories of their careers were so interesting and I loved listening to them talk about the thing they love. Some really sacrificed a lot to be able to do acting. The weeks were filled with lots of jokes and messing around when we could.
I loved the progress of the makeup, I got to get my creativity flow and I think it looked great.
I didn't see it yet, the editing didn't start yet I don't think, but I'm sure when it's out it'll make me shed a proud tear. 

The locations were awesome too, one day we were in the City Centre, and the next we were at a cold cold beach in Raheny. Really though, I loved every second of it.

The talent of the actors blew me away completely! Some have worked on set of Game of Thrones, Vikings etc. I was awestruck when I watched them act out scene after scene, over and over again til they were happy with the outcome.


 





My work wasn't passed unnoticed and I got to work on another set! But I'll keep that for a different post!

Much love, Weronika

0 Comentários:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate you