Monday 10 October 2016

What are primers and what do primers do?

 Hi there!

 Primers have many uses, but the one that seems the most important to us is the longevity it gives the makeup if present.It may work like a moisturiser, or it may absorb oil with salicylic acid or aid in creating a less oily, more matte appearance. It aids in applying the foundation more evenly and smoothly, and increases the longevity of the foundation. 


There are many primers out there. There are the really expensive ones from brands like Dior, the less expensive ones and the ones that cost just about as much as a fast food meal. But are they really worth their price, after all three are doing the exact same job. Or are they? 

Pore minimiser primers, glow enhancing primers, mattifying primers, let’s focus on one kind, the pore minimising primers as those seem to be very popular lately and more brands are coming out with their own, improved versions of it.



Starting with a very high end primer, The Dior ‘Pore Minimizer Light Boosting Primer’.
Sounds good, until you look at the price tag. A $42.00 price for as little as 30 ml of the product. The description of it doesn’t sound any different to the ones we see about the cheaper ones, it goes like ‘This primer instantly corrects imperfections by filling, refining, and mattifying skin for a high-definition flawless complexion. The weightless, ultrafine texture visibly reduces pores, smooths skin, refines skin’s texture, and optimizes foundation hold.’ I am guessing that the ultrafine texture is what we really pay for, and probably the super sleek packaging, the silver cap and the pretty sparkly writing, because honestly I do not think that Dior could have magically came up with an amazing formula that is better than anyone else’s. But who am I to bash it? I probably will not be able to afford this unicorn of primers, but hopefully when you buy this you pay for more than just the name and the packaging! 

A cheaper alternative of the Dior primer, would be the L’Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Smoothing Resurfacing Primer. And luckily I was able to test this baby out, and I absolutely loved it! It felt like silk when applied and it evened out every bump and covered every little pore on my client’s skin. It is in a cream form, rather than the usual liquid. I didn’t mind that though as I could scrape out a bit with my spatula and I was ready to go. The makers of this miracle in a jar are saying this about it “Get the perfect skin texture, instantly and all day. The silky, lightweight formula glides onto skin and minimizes the look of pores and fine lines. Skin looks and feels smoothed and resurfaced. The result is a unified matte finish that's flawless. Suitable for all skin types. Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic.” I can confirm it does everything this says. I would definitely recommend this one. Price? $12.00. 

And now the primer that is cheaper than a pair or Primark’s heels. Maybelline New York Baby Skin Pore Minimizing Primer. Now, I see this one everywhere but I didn’t give it a try simply because I didn’t find that the Baby Lips did anything for my lips rather than dry them out. “Instant Pore Eraser® leaves skin with a smooth matte finish and moisturizes all day.” Reading a few reviews, I have found out that it doesn’t last long, and that it is drying. But for the price tag which is as little as $6.99, you can’t complain. 

What do you think of primers? Do you use them or do you skip them?

Love, Weronika

0 Comentários:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate you