Friday 15 June 2012

Double review, Bourjois and Revlon foundation, powder and concealer review

 Hi there! 

So, your girl needed to buy some foundation, so she went to Boots and went a little crazy. Because what sane person needs that much foundation, concealer and powder at once? Yeah.. Exactly. 

I wanted to repurchase my beloved Bourjois face products but also try something new. I've never tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix powder before, so I guess that was new too, with the Bourjois I got some Revlon goodies. 

When I started building my freelance case I was doing days and days of research on foundation and seen how much hype the Revlon foundations were getting, so I decided to try it on myself before getting it for my clients. Since the loved by everyone ColorStay foundation was sold out in my shade, I decided to go for the PhotoReady foundation. I'm trying to get back into making YouTube content and I thought OHH PHOTOREADY EH? 



The foundation is probably my favourite foundation of all time. No cakiness, no unnecessary shine and no mess. It's medium coverage but you can build it up if you'd like to, with the concealer and powder they make the perfect team for a natural glowy face. 

I've read somewhere that the concealer is a dupe of the MAC concealers and honestly they are pretty close to being the same thing, the bourjois is a bit more runny than the MAC but it's still great to work with! 

The powder is just your regular powder to be honest, it smells really nice and fresh but the scent isn't overpowering. I wouldn't say it's a necessity but it is a great powder if you're looking for a drug store powder that's affordable. 

Overall score for all three? 8/10. Minus two points for the tiniest shade range ever, can we get onto that please Bourjois?



I have to say, the Revlon didn't wow me. The foundation darkened a bit after some air exposure but it wasn't terrible, the concealer did the exact same but a bit worse. The powder was truly great though I liked using it, it did give you a photo ready face! 

Not much to say here really, Revlon did a great job at the shade range for this foundation so the overall score would be 5/10. 


If I was to recommend one of these to you guys I would say definitely go for the Bourjois! I find their face products great, they have some amazing foundations but come on, can we expand the shade range? Please? 

Have you tried these out before? What did you think? 
What are your favourite base products and which were a bust?

Much love, Weronika

0 Comentários:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate you