Monday 19 September 2022

Why I came back


Hi there!

If you take a look at the post I've written before the Zara perfume dupe post, you will see it dates back to November 2017, nearly five years ago. Yet, I've decided to come back. Why? Why bother after all this time and the answer is, I don't know, I guess I've just missed writing and find my life to be a bit more interesting than it was when I first created this blog. I was 15 I think when I started? So my life consisted mainly of school and whatever I did in the little free time I had between school and study, which honestly wasn't the least bit interesting haha. I was always down, thinking why am I not getting more engagement on my blog but when I was sorting through my past posts last week I understood, they were awful boring! I deleted about 120 posts, don't think anyone would miss those! I won't anyway haha. 

What makes me think my life is more interesting now? Well I'm 25 now, so a proper adult. I dropped makeup artistry, there were many artists out there, too many. I went to makeup school a year before the Irish MUA boom started, so there was a lot of competition which I didn't deal well with. I wasn't confident at all so that also contributed to the downfall. I was working a job I hated, it was a job at a local beauty salon where my boss would berate me in front of customers, I was doing the same makeup look on people all day every day. I was done. The only thing keeping me in that town was the relationship I was in at the time, but that soon fell apart also, which looking back now was a good thing. I stopped sacrificing myself and waiting for someone who treated me like I was some sort of a disgusting inconvenience. I was on my own, my soul and sense of self was absolutely crushed and I was so insanely unhappy with what I was doing with my life, so I decided to finally get my shit together. 

And my God I'm glad I did because I'm so damn proud of myself right now. 

I've always said I was going to go back to college when I'm older to study Psychology. I studied psychology for a year when I was seventeen, but ended up dropping out because I thought I was still a kid, what can a kid know about psychology and life if mine has just begun not too long ago? So I did the makeup until I didn't have anything holding me back anymore. My parents decided to move back to Poland so I thought, maybe this is the time to get back to college? So I applied, got accepted, and moved. I got a part time job at a clothing store and studied full time. I was happy, I was finally doing something that felt right. I met an amazing guy (which ended up horribly after nearly four years, but I'll keep this story for another post), I was getting great grades, I was working, then I started living on my own, in my little apartment when my parents moved back to Ireland. I was going to the gym and hired a personal trainer, lost a lot of weight and started loving myself. I also became a vegan.. 

So now, I'm two years away from getting my Psychology masters degree, then moving to a PhD. I'm living on my own, working and studying as well as working on myself and trying to figure out how to be a successful adult. I think this journey could be interesting to follow.. I have lots of fun posts planned.


I hope you guys enjoy reading about it.

Much love, Weronika. 

0 Comentários:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate you