My 2014 recap...

Thursday, January 01, 2015




So, 2014 aka the weirdest year I've ever had in my life (so far), has come to an end. 
Welcome 2015. 
I decided to think of this year as an empty book which, however it sounds, only I can write. I never actually believed in new year resolutions, I also wrote about this a year or two ago Click Here,
but this year is different. And I know, I know, you might think this is another one of them 'New Year New Me' posts, and guess what.. You're totally right! But before I make plans and resolutions for the year 2015, I should probably look over 2014. 

So, what happened in the crazy year that was 2014?

Let's just say.. A lot!

A year ago today, I sat down with my laptop and created a bucket list for 2014. 
I didn't finish it, sadly. But I do have most of the stuff crossed off of it. 

-Get a beautiful debs dress
-Try sushi
-Pass my leaving cert

Are only a few of the points I have written down. I did succeed on getting a beautiful debs dress, or passing my leaving cert. Sadly, didn't have sushi yet. Maybe this year. Who knows.
So... Leaving cert. I think that my year was crazy because of it. Everything has changed since then. I moved out of my parents' house, went into a huge University, had to become more independent. And guess what, I love it! I know I used to talk about how scared I was and stuff but I er.. changed my mind? Okay, embarrassingly enough, my mock leaving cert went awful. As bad as it sounds I only got 195 points in it, out of 600. But thankfully in the actual exam I got way way wayy more than that so I got into the University I wanted to go to. Not my dream course, but it'll take me another year to be happy with it (it's complicated). It was such a change! I had to do things on my own, which I always try to surround myself with people, I don't like to be alone. I made two amazing friends on the very first day. They are two of the few people I share a house with. This was also on my bucket list, 

-Make at least two friends on the first day of college

We are so close together it's quite amazing haha. I'm a rather quiet and a shy person but they made me more outgoing and 'stuff' I guess. The loner me finally started going out, and it makes me so happy. I literally can't thank them enough for it. 

But with going out, come the things that go along with it. 

-Get drunk 

So many of you might think that it's a bad thing, but I do believe that you have to try everything at least once. And this was one of them. To be honest, I'm not a great fan of alcohol, and don't necessarily see myself going out everyday or even 3 times a week. You definitely wont see me drinking. Didn't really enjoy the whole experience, because I'm a strong believer that you can have fun without alcohol. But everyone likes different things, and that's okay. 

-Not eat chocolate for 6 months

Okay... Well... That didn't happen...
Over the year 2014 I took my health and fitness more seriously and have managed to lose lots and lots of weight which makes me happy, but I'm not stopping there. From size 16-18, I went to 12-14. My goal is size 8. And I plan to reach that goal in 2015. Actually quite excited for it. And being all honest here, the only reasons why I don't want to lose more weight are; because I don't want my boobs to get smaller AND I've gotten some really amazing clothes and it'd be a shame if they got too big. 
But losing weight means more shopping so why not?!

-Watch The Fault in Our Stars in the cinema

JOHN MICHAEL GREEN HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!
I was crying in the cinema, when I walked out of the cinema, AND when I got home. 
Why oh why.. I can never watch that movie without crying. Just.. No..

-Say 'I love you and mean it'  

Oh God, here comes the cringe... 
2014 was a year of heartbreaks. And oh it wasn't nice. You know what girls, it took me 17 years to realize that boys, in fact, are 'stupid'? No. Maybe I wouldn't say stupid, more like 'Don't get things'.
So a wee bit of advice. 
-Do not drop hints, they won't get them. Don't waste your time.
-They sometimes think that doing the wrong (to us, girls) things, are okay. This makes me so mad actually haha. So deal with it. Or try to explain that you don't find it 'okay'.
-And finally. IF YOU'RE MAD, OR NOT 'OKAY' TELL THEM WHY WHEN THEY ASK YOU WHAT'S WRONG. 
But other than that they are quite great, and cute, and cuddly and just perf. 

-Go somewhere exotic for the summer holidays

Majooorca!!! Went there with my sister. Just the two of us. And I loved it! I can't wait to go back!! 


So basically I made a lot of friends. I'm more confident. I'm in University. I started a YouTube channel! And I really can't wait to see what's gonna happen in 2015! 

Do I have any plans for 2015?

Other than the usual ( Trying to be a better me ) I really want to be successful in college, and put extra effort into my blog and YouTube channel. And if you know me in real life, and noticed I haven't been posting for a while punch me. Seriously, don't warn me. Just punch me in the face right there and then. Thank you x

PS. Happy New Year to you all! I hope that this year will be better than the last one! 

What are your New Year Resolutions?

Love, 
           Weronica


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for lovely comments. I really appreciate them, have a nice day! :)