Rest in Peace

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hi there!

How is everyone? I've been fine! College really is hard work! I have so many assignments that I truly don't know where to start! But, enough about that, because this post is written in memory of the late Oscar de la Renta. Surely, as many other people, I was deeply saddened to hear that one of my main inspirations has passed away. Back in my 'fashion designer' times I was greatly inspired by his work, his amazing pieces weren't only things celebrities wore to the red carpet events, they were true pieces of art, for example the latest gown he designed especially for the 'forever a bachelor (well - not - anymore) ' George Clooney's wife, Amal Alamuddin ( Perhaps now Amal Clooney ). But let's not forget other amazing designs Sarah Jessica Parker has worn for events like this years MET Gala, or the last collection created by de la Renta, his spring/summer 2015 show. I always dreamed of getting my wedding dress designed by Oscar de la Renta. It would be the most beautiful thing anyone has ever seen, but I guess it won't happen. Anyway, I hope that years and years from now, Oscar de la Renta will still be remembered, and that the company still runs, creating more amazing designs.



Rest in Peace 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for lovely comments. I really appreciate them, have a nice day! :)