Clothing companies promoting eating disorders?! Excuse me?!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hi there,
This makes me so angry! When I seen the latest stunt pulled by Urban Outfitters I got really upset! This disgusts me! Why would such a worldwide famous brand promote something so bad?! Eating disorders aren't something to joke about, or make money from! Eating disorders are something that should be made aware from in order to help those who suffer from it, not to give the company more publicity by causing a strife. When I seen the t-shirts that Urban Outfitters put up in I felt sick! Urban Outfitters will not see me in their shops! Ever! Gray tee with the words 'Eat Less' that jump straight at you and a crop top with the word 'depression' written all over it. If you didn't see the tees I'm on about here they are:

Hej wszystkim,
Jestem zla! Kiedy zobaczylam najnowszy wyczyn Urban Outfitters naprawde sie zdenerwowalam! To jest chore! Zastanawia mnie jedno, dlaczego znana na caly swiat marka promuje cos takiego?! Zaburzenia jedzenia to nie jest cos o czym mozna zartowac ani na tym zarabiac! Zaburzenia jedzenia to cos o czym musi wiedziec coraz wiecej ludzi zeby pomoc tym ktorzy na nie cierpia, a nie po to zeby dac firmie wiecej rozglosu. Kiedy zobaczylam koszulki ktore Urban Outfitters wypuscili na swojej stronie internetowej zrobilo mi sie niedobrze! Urban Outfitters nie zobacza mnie w swoich sklepach. Szara bluzka z napisem 'Eat Less' (Pol. Jedz Mniej) i bluzeczka z napisem 'Depression'.
Jesli nie widzieliscie tych bluzek daje foto:




But Urban Outfitters aren't the only ones that are promoting ED's. Have you heard about the Abercrombie and Fitch CEO ( Mike Jeffries ) not wanting 'overweight' people in their stores or wearing their clothes? How ridiculous is this? Okay so apparently A&F doesn't stock XL or XXL sizes as people that fit into those don't suit an ideal body according to A&F CEO.
'He doesn't want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people. He doesn't want his core customers to see people who aren't as hot as them wearing his clothing. People who wear his clothing should feel like they're one of the 'cool kids'. Abercrombie is only interested in people with washboard stomachs who look like they're about to jump on a surfboard.'
Well excuse me that you think size 0-8 only matters apparently! This is one of the most shallow things I have ever heard of. If that's Jeffries interpretation of being a 'cool kid' then I don't want to be one of them. I think the CEO should change his attitude or just leave, I really do... Here is a video talking about this..

Ale Urban Outfitters nie sa jedyna firma ktora promuje ZJ. Slyszeliscie o skandalu Abercrombie and Fitch? Szef ( Mike Jeffries ) A&F nie chce aby 'otyle' osoby przychodzily lub kupowaly ciuchy z jego sklepu. To zalosne! Okay, A&F nie zaopatrzaja swoich sklepow w rozmiary XL ani XXL dlatego ze ludzie ktorzy mieszcza sie w te rozmiary nie pasuja do 'idealnego ciala' wedlug szefa A&F. Wiec rozmiar 0-8 tylko sie liczy? To jest jedna z najglupszych rzeczy jakie slyszalam.



Being a proud subscriber of Trisha Paytas on youtube, I have came across a video she made about her experience of shopping in one of the Brandy Melville stores. I think that this is just ridiculous. I don't think people should be judged by their appearance. Yes, being overweight is unhealthy. And I know I'm not skinny or anything, but I'm working towards being healthy. But there are some people that don't choose to look the way they do. There can be many reasons to that. Like taking medicine containing hormones, being ill, anything really. I think that if someone feels good in their skin it's amazing, and if they do, then why put them down like this?? I really don't understand it. Here is a video that Trish made about her experience.

Na ten filmik natknelam sie na kanale Trish Paytas. Filmik jest o 'przygodzie' Trish w jednym ze sklepow Brandy Melville. Sadze ze to glupota! Nikt nie powinien byc oceniany z powodu swojego wygladu. Tak, bycie otylym jest niezdrowe, i tak wiem ze nie naleze do tych chudych ale pracuje nad tym. Ale niektorzy ludzie nie maja wyboru. Jest duzo powodow, leki z hormonami lub choroby. Jesli ktos czuje sie dobrze w swojej skorze to dlaczego ich 'dolowac'? Naprawde tego nie rozumie. Tutaj daje filmik Trish.



I hope no one got offended in this video. If you have different opinions about this issue then feel free to put it in the comments! Those are my opinions and I'd love if they were accepted, criticism is welcome I guess.
I will not take this post down, if there was a case of getting an email by any of those brands. ( Just being careful now )

Mam nadzieje ze nikt nie czuje sie urazony tym postem. Jesli macie inne opinie na ten temat mozecie wypowiedziec sie w komentarzach. To sa moje opinie i byloby swietnie jesli bylyby zaakceptowane. W razie otrzymania emaila od ktorejs z tych marek nie skasuje tego posta.

What are your opinions on this? Put them in the comments below, I'd love to know! 
Did you ever experience this when shopping? 

Co sadzicie? Piszcie w komentarzach! 

                                                                              Love,
                                                                                 Weronica...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for lovely comments. I really appreciate them, have a nice day! :)